Key findings from the April survey findings include:
- Demand for nonprofit services is increasing while 71% of nonprofits are experiencing a service disruption.
- Three-quarters of all nonprofits report loss of fee-for-service revenue.
- Over 60% of all nonprofits report a decline in individual donations.
- There has been a significant and unprecedented reduction of the nonprofit workforce with 53% reporting staff furloughs, layoffs, reduced hours, and/or reduced pay and more layoffs expected in the future.
- Nonprofits are responding to new demands and challenges by shifting programs online, working remotely, and collaborating in new ways.
- Beyond needing essential financial support, nonprofits need assistance with reevaluating fundraising strategies, financial scenario planning and managing stress and anxiety of staff and clients.
For more about this report, visit: The Nonprofit Institute Report